Monday, April 19, 2010

Trying to teach a 2 year old about Jesus....

So, Ive been trying to teach Rilyn to say her prayers and its difficult. Especially since shes at the "why?" stage. Its really hard to explain to a child about Jesus. Really hard. The other night I said "Rilyn, lets say our prayers now." I said "Thank you Lord for this day."...She started laughing. "I said now you say it."...She said "Tank you Lord por dis day." When we got to "In Jesus' name...". She said "whos Jesus?" And thats when it all started. lol... I figured Id just say he watches over us. Easy enough right?...She said "Where he at?"..I said "Everywhere." She said "In your room?" I said 'Yes" . She said "Hi Jesus!....Can he come play with me?...( Looking at the ceiling.) "..LOL I said "Sure." ( FIY she is REALLY into pretending) She scooted over and looked a the open spot in the bed and said "Hi Jesus" and hugged him. She said "I love Jesus... he my friend."