Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Raigen's 1st Birthday Carnival!

Although Raigen doesnt actually turn 1 until the 16th, we decided we will celebrate her birthday the 1st weekend in December since her birthday is so close to Christmas.
We rented a bounce house, that just so happened to match our 'carnival theme' perfect. We served all 'carnival theme' foods, like nachos, pickles, popcorn, hot dogs, corn dogs, and Cotton candy. I, like an idiot, didnt take a picture of the cake! It was a sign I made that matched the invites and they scanned it on the cake, it was cute! We borrowed a giant '1' from my friend's sister, and used it at the entrance and as the backdrop for pictures. We bought plywood and made our own games. My Dad cut the wood and I decorated them with pictures of clowns to match the theme. We had a bean bag toss, ring toss, darts, pick-a-duck, and Pony rides. I think the pony rides were the biggest hit of all! I conned my friend, Alisha into bringing her horse over to give 'pony rides'and the kids LOVED it! When the kids played the games, they received tickets and at the end they got to go to the prize table and use their tickets to buy little toys. I bought stuff like play doe, bubbles, army men, cars, lip gloss, necklaces, pencils, twisty straws.. and more. Originally Josh was suppose to dress up like a clown but of course the day of the party he was too chicken so I was stuck being the clown, the things we do for our kids... LOL
Lubby made cupcakes and we had a cake walk too!
Here are just some pictures from the party... way out of order!

Me and the birthday girl...
The bounce house...
The entrance sign to the carnival...


The games....


More games....


































Raigen and Jake... dont they both look thrilled! lol

Raigen and Bailey, both 1, infront of the big 1!

Look how excited my birthday girl is... :)
Here is Raigen sitting in front of the Christmas tree in her new rocking chair Lubby bought her for her birthday.


Sharing her cake with her big sis....





A funny game of musical chair with the guys... LOL

My little sisters friends volunteered to work the games like real carnies!..LOL