Thursday, August 15, 2013

'All-nighter"

When you become a mother there are a few things that competly change.

Your body.

Your ability to poop in private.

And the term "All-nighter".

Last thursday my cousin invited me to her house for a 'girls night'. She lives almost 2 hours away so I figured I'd just stay the night and head to work the next morning.We hadn't got to hang out in a while, so it was much needed.

When I got there and spotted the watermellon margaritas I knew it was probably going to be an all-nighter.

No big deal, right?

Hello! I have 3 kids, Ive had many all-nighters. The late night feedings with a fussy baby, the sick kid up all night puking....  all the while having to work the next day. Piece of cake.

No big deal.

Wrong.

I went to bed at 3:30, woke up late, so late that I didnt have time to change clothes, late. Um yeah...

Then I drove almost 2 hours to work, with a migrain, on an empty stomach.... and when I say empty, I mean e-m-p-t-y.

Yeah. THAT kind of empty. The kind of empty, where when you get to work, you look down at your shoes and realize what you ate for dinner, empty.

Leason learned.