Sunday, May 28, 2017

Super easy-cheesy tortellini soup!


The BEST soup, ever!!!



Ya'll, this soup tastes like something from the Olive Garden or better! #notkidding




While I am well aware that it isn't soup season, but I have two sick kids who are not wanting to eat I wanted to make something easy to swallow, filling, and yummy. And they just aren't chicken soup fans. I sort of married two recipes together that I came across and came up with this!



And did I mention that this big ole pot of soup cost less than $10?!?!



Here's what you'll need:

1lb of hamburger meat
1 package of cream cheese
1 small bag of cheese tortellini-frozen
1 large can of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I used the Del Monte, its like, .90! Garlic and Herb is our fave!)
1 32oz beef broth
Parmesan to garnish!


(This would also be yummy with spinach added in! But I wanted to ensure my sick guys would eat it, so I left it out!



Directions:

Brown your meat and drain. After I drain it, I pour it back in the pot and season with garlic powder and season all salt.

Add your beef broth, tomato sauce, and tortellini.

While that's coming to a boil, cube up your cream cheese and add it in.

Let it simmer until the cream cheese is melted and the tortellini is done. It should take about 6 to 8 minutes.


I served it with salad and garlic bread! And everyone asked for seconds!!!

Not my picture, but this is what the end product looks like!