Monday, October 11, 2010

And the 'Mom of the Year Award' goes to....

not me. I feel horrible.

Rilyn doesn't like broccoli. I dont know why, shes never tasted it. She said she doesn't like it because she 'don't like green things'. Well Saturday I made hamburger steaks, gravy, mashed potatoes, broccoli and cheese, and garlic cheese bread. And I decided that she was going to try broccoli. Just one bit I told her, that's it. I just knew she'd like it since it was drowning in cheese. She refused.......and refused. So, I threatened her with going to the doctor and time out. I know I shouldn't use the doctor to threaten her with, I just really wanted her to try it. Anyway, she refused. Finally I just shoved it into her mouth. She just sat there. She wouldn't chew it or swallow. She said "I'm sick."
I said " You are not sick, swallow it so you can get a drink."

Then she puked all over me and the floor. Not once, but twice. Turns out she really was feeling sick.
And to top it off, she now thinks broccoli makes you sick and throw up.