Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chalkboard fun!

I bought a can of chalkboard spray paint and went crazy. The first item I tackled was a large framed poster that I bought at the dollar store on clearance for $1! I didn't care for the picture in it but I figured it was a good deal since I couldn't of bought just the frame for that price. I pained right over the picture with chalkboard paint. I then took some zebra letter stickers and put Rilyn's name at the top and hung it right below her chair rail in her room. She LOVES it, as you can probably tell. :)


The next thing I made was a chalkboard menu sign for my kitchen. I took an old yellow frame and painted it black and distressed it, next I painted a piece of glass with the chalk board frame and attached it to the frame with hot glue. :) 

I like it, however I think I might like it more with a distressed white frame, so I may repaint the frame. :)