Friday, May 27, 2011


"How does the baby get in your belly?"



Yes, that was the question Rilyn asked.

And no, I didn't have an answer.

I wasn't prepared to answer this question.

Honestly I didn't think I'd be put on the spot for a few more years. AND it probably didn't help that I let her watch Teen Mom with me last night.

After Teen Mom Rilyn asked me "How does the baby get in your belly.."

She is at that age where you can B/S your way thru things anymore. She is a smarty pants.

I thought for a second and said.."Babies are a gift from God. When you grow up and get married God plants a baby in your belly."


Then I thought for another second.

Oh great, now she is going to go to church telling her teacher that God put a baby in her mom's belly...
Bad idea.



(No! I am NOT pregnant...I was referring to when I was pregnant with Raigen!!!)

So I quickly changed my answer.
I told her " When you grow up and get married the doctor takes the baby from the Daddy and puts in the Mommy's belly and it grows."

And that's what I'm sticking to!

 I didn't want to tell her the Daddy puts the baby in the Mommy... well, because I know her next question would of been "how?"

And we DEFINITELY are not ready to answer that question yet.  Maybe in another 20 years.

Note to self: No more Teen Mom!