Monday, February 12, 2018

2018 VALENTINE'S DANCE


This past Friday Josh and I had the privilege of BOTH getting to attend the Mother-Son/Father-Daughter Valentine's Dance at our kids' school!


Adorned in our fanciest dresses, bow-tie, and corsages- we headed out to grab a bite to eat at a local diner before heading to the dance.


We both felt it was really important to teach our kids that the "cool kids" NEVER show up on time, duh!

So we were fashionably thirty minutes late and sadly we missed the Whip-it Nae Nae! #SOSAD


Luckily that didn't ruin the night- because I had something BIG planned for my kids!


Boy, were they in luck! Cause, their Mama (and a couple of her friends!) had a surprise choreographed dance routine waiting for them.


You can check out our super-awesome moves, HERE if you promise not to make fun of me!

Rilyn was totally embarrassed and CJ was totally into it! HAHA!
He even asked me to teach him the moves to it when we got home!
Now, if I am completely honest, dancing in public is probably one of the most embarrassing things I've EVER done.
I'd rather free-style rap or go in public with no eyebrows on than DANCE in front of people. #NOTKIDDING
The other moms are  ready to start practicing for next years dance and my stomach is just barely recovering from feeling like I was going to puke because I was so nervous and embarrassed!
P.s.
Isn't CJ a little stud and Rilyn's dress adorable!?! She loves it and bonus- we found it at Goodwill for $7!!! CJ shirt was on clearance at Wal-Mart for $5 and his faux ripped Abercrombie jeans I picked up at Goodwill, too, FOR $4! I also made his bowtie out of some black fabric I had!  #WELOVEGOODWILL
#WEALSOLOVECHEAP