Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Spring Break Getaway 2018 {Part 1}


If you know me, you know that we typically don’t do anything special for Spring Break because I HATE crowds!

This year I decided to take some days off from work and take my people to do something fun. 

We didn’t do anything big like Disney or a cruise, but we did getaway and have A LOT of fun in the big city of Tyler, TX!

Josh and I are huge fans of Tyler now! Our hotel was AWESOME and right in the middle of ALL THE SHOPPING! #yes!





Our first stop was in Lufkin at
Sake Cafe!

Our usual hibachi restaurant was closed so we tried this place and we really liked it!

The has sushi specials for $2.99 a roll and even gave us a complimentary sushi roll.

The kids’ food was served in bento boxes and the prices were good, too!
















The napkin thief! πŸ˜ƒ






Next stop was Tyler, TX!

I introduced the kids (and Josh) to one of my favorite stores- FIVE BELOW!

I took the kids on a shopping spree and told them they could buy whatever they wanted and you would of thought they’d won the lottery! 🀣🀣🀣 Their vacation was made right there!
#itsthelittlethings

If you have never been to a Five Below it’s like an upscale Dollar Store (so you can see why it’s a favorite of mine, haha! #queenofdollarstores)

This is my go-to store for stocking stuffers (when I help Santa!) and Easter basket fillers!




You can buy everything from clothes, electronics, cell phone accessories, make up, room decor, to giant bags of candy! 

This store has EVERYTHING!




Here we are headed in the hotel- can you spot the kid that is ready to swim?! πŸ˜‚πŸŠπŸΌ‍♂️




How sweet is this?! Josh helping Rilyn paint her nails with her new mood changing polish! #fivebelow


And Ryker said Spider-Man wanted to fight mama! Ahhh!!!
#pleasedontspiderman #iran



Snack time!



Ryker was excited because this was the first hotel that he’s ever had his own bed in! πŸ˜† 






We don’t stay in hotels unless they have an indoor pool! #truestory





I got to catch up on some reading while they were swimming! #momwin




I knew we’d be worn out after swimming so I planned a low key dinner of fancy- hotel room frito pies! Easiest hotel dinner, ever! πŸ˜† 




This guy was dying  to use big brothers goggles!!





And now it was time for game time! I picked this game up at Five Below!! And we all had a BLAST playing it!!!
























We all woke early the next morning to catch some FREE hotel breakfast! This hotel had an awesome breakfast! Bacon, waffles, are omelets, cereal, donuts, fruit, yogurt! Pretty much anything you wanted!
(And bonus- I scored this hotel for $60 a night! And it was VERY nice!! Thank you Choicehotel Discount!)

This was Josh coming back with all his breakfast! πŸ˜‚






When your two year old says Spider-Man wants to take a picture with you- you do it! ❤️




And THIS was the fun we had planned for the day- an INDOOR WATERPARK! 

This was the waterpark at the villages. It was 10 minutes from our hotel in Flint, Tx.


It’s a timeshare resort that’s open to the public. It’s super affordable and costs about $20 for an adult and $16 for kids- except Ryker he was free! #score!

It was our first visit and we will definitely be back!

One of my favorite things was the fact that it had a Subway and Pizza place inside.

It had four huge slides for the big kids and 3 good size ones for Ryker, a lazy river for me, and a wave pool for Josh! We were all happy!











After lunch- we relaxed on the patio and Ryker and I fell asleep!

Luckily I had him covered- because I burned.













We ended that day eating a Razoos Cajun Cafe and it was SO good! The Longs are definitely a fan!






Come back tomorrow for part 2 of our getaway!