Saturday, August 26, 2017

Hangry Roxie UPDATE #4

Gym Day #3

I woke up late and sore and texted Belinda to let her know I couldn't make it. To say my arms were sore would be an understatement. The only way I could brush my teeth was by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my head back and forth and driving was ok as long as I didn't try to steer or stop.



Belinda wasn't very understanding and refuse to take no for an answer. So.... I drank a whole pot of coffee and finally arrived at the gym at about 6am. It really wasn't my fault though, it took me that long to bend down and tie my shoes. But it was my lucky day! Leg day! "Yay" -said no one ever! The only positive for this day was the fact that we were the only ones in the gym. Belinda said it is because we are "gym rats" now. She said this is our life.



I'm not going into details about this day, partly because I don't want to relive any part of it, but I would like to make note of the new word I invented: 'Terriful". It's pretty much the only thing I could mumble while I was curled in the fetal position in pain on the floor after our workout. I'm pretty sure its a cross between terrible and terrifying.






Fast-forward- day 4:
I pulled into the gym parking lot and it was lit up like a Christmas tree! There were cars EVERYWHERE. It was like they were just sitting in their cars waiting for me to show up so they could laugh and make fun of me. I almost did a u turn.


First, can I just tell you how much I am enjoying this Jamie Eason 12 week Transformation that Belinda is forcing me against my will to  do? Today, my friend Tiffani joined us. (That was the only positive of the day) It was a charming workout. Jamie made me lie on my back and do crunches all while balancing on a big giant bouncy ball. We also did the stupidest workout ever, we rode an air bicycle while lying on our back AND trying to do crunches AT THE SAME TIME. I don't know who invented this but Id like to talk to them about gravity, gas, and pressure...... but, other than that it was GREAT. Its a whole new life for me. If you're not totally jealous of my life right now there is something wrong with you.




BUT, despite all the fun exercises and the mullet guy in flip flops and swim trunks drinking a big gulp slush, leg day really started to make me second guess my new lifestyle. I mean, nice abs and a healthy heart are cool and all but, have you ever tried stuffed crust pizza?!





Which reminds me, a lot of people have been asking me what kind of diet I am doing. Right now, I'm basically just focusing on cutting out carbs, and sugar- pretty much everything that makes me happy.




Man, I'm SO GLAD Belinda told me about this Jamie Eason chick so I can get in shape and enjoy life, because if I remember correctly, sleeping and pizza are no fun at all.......