Friday, March 22, 2019

Bad Dreams..

This morning my precious Ryker had a bad dream and it broke my heart.
 
 
He woke this morning and with a scared little voice, he said, "mama, I had a scary dream."



"Well it was just a dream, buddy." I said and snuggled him a little closer.


"Mama, I fell in the water and I was sinking and  I  couldn't get out."


Ya'll! My poor baby was having a dream he was drowning.


My heart shattered.



As my eyes swelled up and my voice cracked, I tried to change the subject to cheer him up.


"Don't have those silly bad dreams anymore, okay? Lets have dreams about you helping Cat Boy save the day."


"But. the bridge was wobbly and I was just trying to sit down, but then I falled in." he said.


"It was not real. You know mama wont let you go by water with out me, right?"


"And I'll always hold your hand, okay?" I added.


"But I was trying to call for somebody to help, but nobody was there. And I just kept sinking."


At this point I am glad the room was still dim because I am quite sure my face would of freaked him out- the site of me trying to hold it all in while dying on the inside.


This is the part of parenting that is HARD. 


And I know it was  'just a dream', but hearing your three year old vividly remember his bad dream of him drowning, is something I NEVER want to hear ever again.


He's been on my heart and mind all day and  I tear up just reliving this morning.



My Sweet Boy, please don't have those mean ole' dreams anymore, okay? Mama cant handle  stuff like this, okay?