Friday, July 15, 2016

30 Years of Pure Awesomeness. {A Letter to my Husband}


Dear Josh,

Thirty is lookin' pretty good on ya, bae.





(Bae is the current correct term for my really hot baby-daddy, right??)  

But you know what looks even better on you?

How awesome you look as a Dad.

You are hands down the best Daddy I have ever seen, and I'm not just saying that because I'm the genius who hand picked you myself. I knew from the time I was crushing on you at The Fain Theatre  that you would make a wonderful father. I knew when you constantly told me funny stories about your niece, Kiley, and I saw immediately how much you adored her. You were hands-down way more excited than even I was to take our first pregnancy test. I think YOU had the pregnancy glow for the first month!

Josh, on this birthday, I want you to know what a gift you are to Rilyn, CJ, Raigen, & Ryker.  You are their best friend, their mentor, their teacher, their coach, and the spiritual leader of our family. I watch how they look up to you, how they seek your approval, how they light up when you enter a room and how the sun dims just a touch when you are away.

You are living your dream right now as a guy who gets to spend as much time as possible with his kids. In fact, you are a great big kid yourself. I don’t know another dad who lives to PLAY with his kids as much as you do.

I see so much of you in them. Rilyn shares your sense of humor and wits.  CJ shares your love for all things BOY, whether is camping, bugs, or just wearing cologne – it is all you.  Raigen shares your love for sports! I see her light-up when you coach her and her desire to be the best and make you proud.



And Ryker..... well, he shares your stubbornness, HA!


Thanks for being you, boo.

Thank you for being totally okay with eating Taco Bell sometimes twice a week because I am exhausted. Thank you for repainting the entire inside of our house, by yourself, more than any man should. Thank you for always finding a way to make me smile. Even when I am mad. Even when you make fun of my teeth and call them chiclets.

Thank you for putting up with me when I’m cranky and tired. Thank you for knowing when I need to take a breather, always taking the night shift with the baby so I can go to bed early, and spoiling me with all my 'Girl's Nights'.

Thank you for letting me control the remote and radio far more than you get to.

Thank you for cleaning the bathroom and doing the dishes, always.  Thank you for always acting silly and being my best friend. Thank you for motivating me when I want to desperately give up. Thank you for encouraging me to be me.

Babe, you are thirty.

And you are old.

Man! It's a good thing I'm in to old men.



All of my love for all of my life,

Roxie