Friday, July 22, 2016

Summer Break.

I can hardly contain my excitement.

I'm on the brink of tears of joy over here, people.

Listen-up. We have about one month until my kids go back to school. Hot-diggity-dog!

Roughly:     31  days
                      14  hours
                         37 Minutes
But who's counting anyway?
Me. Duh.

Today while we were discussing this very exciting news, I actually pretended to be sad that summer is almost over. 
Raigen cradled me sympathetically, "Its okay, Mom."

She hates to see me sad, so I hugged her a little longer..... so she couldn't see me smiling crying.

Then I lied to her and told her that only a foot massage would make me feel better.

That's a secret, though. Repeat it and I'll call you a liar-liar-pants-on-fire.

I love that kid.

So let me tell ya why I kinda-sorta dislike summer breaks. 
Other than the fact that my kids are nearly eating us into poverty.
True story.

We are too busy. 
And you know you are too busy when you get this text from your husband regarding his lunch you packed:

We stay busy and I just need a break, but it seem like there is always something going on. 
Every. Single. Weekend.

Vacation, birthday parties, church, VBS, church parties, birthday parties, swim lessons, baby showers, birthday parties,  doctor appointments, and birthday parties..... blah, blah, blah. I feel like we are constantly packing and unpacking our driving garbage can.

Not to mention 2 out of my 4 kids have summer birthdays.
And so does my husband.

And my niece.

And my sister-n-law.

And my sister. 

And my nephew.

And my mom.

And my father-n-law.

Summers should be chill. Calm and sweet. 
Like a slowly sipped alcoholic beverage. 
Boones Farm, preferably.

Don't judge.

Hey! I said don't judge. 

Anyway- next year I want to disappear to a deserted island for our entire summer break. 

A fancy one with A/C and hammocks.

Wait, hold on, let me clarify- by deserted island I mean an all-inclusive resort.  Five star.

But the hubs is constantly reminding me that I have a job ( and we aren't made of money...blah, blah, blah) and that unfortunately my job doesn't allow me off for the entire summer break. 
Plus, we aren't made of money.
Dang-it.

Hes always tryin' to rain on my parade.

So today I applied for a janitor position for the school district. 
Its all they had open. And with four kids I think I am more than qualified.  
Plus, I am already use to things only staying clean for 2.7 seconds before I have to clean it again.

Hey- anyone know if they still serve hamburgers on Fridays?

I love a good 50/50 boiled patty of an unknown mean source.

Wish me luck.