Thursday, July 21, 2016

Finding Dory


Why do we even bother?

Josh and I ask ourselves this almost  every time we take the kids in public.

Recently it was to see Finding Dory.

The older kids did wonderful, thanks in large part to the fact that the move theater served full meals and drinks.

And a full bar. You're welcome, Josh.

Ryker = another story.

We made it thru exactly 12 minutes of the movie (most of which were the previews!) before he decided to drop a bomb in his diaper.

"Fantastic, " I griped.

"Awww...," said an elderly lady washing her hands in the ladies room. "He is adorable!"

"Looks can be deceiving," I mumbled.

And just as I predicted, Ryker's adorable-ness was short lived. Just three minutes after re-entering the theater, he was kicking and trying to get out of my lap.

Then he arched his back and screamed. This was because Josh had a large drink and he wanted a drink.

It was beer.

"Enjoy the movie, " I told my family as I threw him over my shoulder and hurried toward the nearest exit.

I spent the rest of the movie in the women's restroom letting him press the button for the electric hand dryer. And listening to people use the bathroom.

It was super fun.