Sunday, January 7, 2018

$1 BATHROOM UPDATE!



Four years ago when we rebuilt our house our contractor discouraged us from buying these oil rubbed bronze faucets from EBay.


He said they looked nice, but they were cheap and they wouldn't last.


We were buying them out of pocket and I was sold on the $30 price tag.


I explained to him that I am always changing things in my house and if they didn't last that is perfectly okay.


Well.... he was right.


They have started tarnishing and the color has actually came off.




But, luckily, I was cleaning out my craft closet and came across a bottle of metallic paint that I bought a while back at Wal-Mart for $1!


It wasn't my first choice but I knew that if I didn't like it I could just go and buy a different color.




I grabbed one of the kids' paint brushes and went to town and about 2 minutes later:




I love the look the brush strokes give it! It looks like a REAL antique faucet and bonus points because we have already had company over that asked if I could please share where I ordered our awesome antique faucet from, HA!



Of course we will still eventually replace this faucet, however, in the mean time this gives us a nicer looking faucet for next to nothing!





A little update in a tiny space goes a long way!