Monday, January 29, 2018

Lord make me a lion.

 This week was one of those sermons that stepped all over my toes and had me feeling all kinds of convicted.

Yesterday our pastor reference the fable The Lion and the Gazelle.

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest line or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle when the sun comes up... You better be running.

There seems to be an underlining theme here. The first chance that the gazelles have to run, they run. They don't hesitate. And to the lions, there is no choice or thing more important but to chase. They wake up and chase after the most important thing to them.

That got me thinking, what am I?

Am I lion or gazelle?

Am I running just to get through the day?

Just to survive?

Or am I chasing after something like my life depends on it?

What if what if I treated Jesus like the lions treated chasing the gazelle?

What if I treated him like He was the most important thing to chase?

What if I woke up and set my eyes on him, only him?

What if I set aside the chores, the emails, or my social media.

Often I set Him aside and replace it Him with a "must get done list". And I fail to remember the very one my life depends on, the one who is above all is getting my leftovers.


One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. Ephesians 4:6


He is the one who should have our heart not his gifts that he gives us out of mercy, love and grace and surely not the things of this world.

Leaving church yesterday (and even small group) made me want to lay down whatever  things are that keep me from running towards Him like a lion.

Lord make me a lion.

Let me have a heart of a lion. Let me to see that, that feeling, thing, idea, or even person doesn't matter anywhere near as much as You matter. But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29

Lord make me a lion.

Let me always remember that You are not in the grave and you are able to handle my mess not matter how messy. Sadly at times I think I have everything under control.
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.1 Peter 5:6-7

Lord make me a lion.


I want to have a heart that seeks You first every day of my life; in the times of joy and in the times of struggle. I want to run to you like my eternity depends on it because it does.
For we live by faith, not by sight.2 Corinthians 5:7


Lord make me a lion.

I want to remember your faithfulness  because you will supply my every need I want to run to You first. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all the things will be provided for you Matthew 6:33

Lord make me a lion.

Lord, help me to remember to pursue you above all, Lord, make me a lion.