Thursday, October 25, 2018

Easy Mexi-Chili Cassarole

I googled "Easy chili recipes" and this pops up:
In a large stock pot lightly brown ground beef, and drain if needed.
Add diced onion and minced garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
Add tomatoes, diced tomatoes with chile peppers, tomato sauce, water, kidney beans, pinto beans, chili powder, cumin, sugar, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
Um.... doesn't sound easy to me.


Okay, maybe it does sound easy, but not QUICK! :)


I need stuff I can throw together in under 30 minutes and bonus points if my crockpot can cook it all day for me.  :)


( I have an Instapot, however, I am still #teamcrockpot)
You guys know me, I like 5ish-ingrediant recipes. :)
And preferably one where I dont have to chop and crap-ton of stuff.
  
SO- I made my own Mexican chili casserole tonight and it turned out AWESOME! Think taco soup and chili had a baby! 😂


This is yummy, simple, and will definitely be on rotation all Fall!
Ingredients:
1lb of hamburger meat (or turkey)
1 can of ranch beans
1 Can if chili tomatoes  (I use HEB brand)
1 packet of ranch dressing seasoning
1 pack of taco seasoning 
1 can charro beans (I use HEB brand)
2 boxes of corn bread (we use Jiffy)

Optional: garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chives.

Directions:

Brown your meat. Add in all your cans and seasoning, pour it in a greased 9x12 pan and top with your corn bread mix (made according to directions).

Pop it in the oven and cook it till your cornbread is done.

(This makes a lot, um, duh... family of six over here!)

BOOM!

Fall dinner in a bowl!

And I guarantee EVERYONE will love it!