Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Hangry Roxie Update #10

Well I didn't picture writing you guys a weight-loss update after I ate Burger Kings Chicken Fries for lunch and Seafood Alfredo for dinner... eh, um,  not exactly an ideal weight-loss menu per say is it? 



A sweet friend of mine sent me a picture from RiseUp two years ago and commented on my weight loss progress. 



And of course I immediately compared it to a picture of my this past weekend at RiseUp. 




And wow!

It got me thinking about my diet and how I have slacked lately. 




Why do I do this?


Call it  a diet. And feel like my life depends on it?


My story is not one of overnight success. I didn’t take a magic pill. 



My results were not from a fad diet or a product from an infomercial.


For me, the key to success is a lot of  small changes.


Going from soda to diet soda. Then to flavored water. Then  flavored water to finally plain water.


Nothing is off limits to me and that is actually  the key for me. I eat everything in moderation.


Although I like to stick to a low-carb menu, I don’t believe in forbidden foods in my diet anymore.


As a result of all of those small changes in my healthy eating and exercise, I dropped 65 pounds in a little under 2 years.

I was about 290 in my heaviest in this picture.



I cant wait to see how I look in the next two years.  



No magic pills or surgery. Just small changes every single day.