Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Questions that keep me up at night.

I don't dream a lot. 
Josh says its because all my dreams came true when I married him, I beg to differ, though.



But when I do dream it usually contains some sort of scary near death experience.



Last night was no different.



Shortly before bed I tried to help one of my third graders with a math worksheet he'd brought home. Since it't only the second week of school, I'm pretty sure it was just a review of what they learned in 2nd grade. Which makes me feel even more like I am the one who need Kumon.



Apparently these days math is done with blocks. I had no idea.







This is what our conversation looked like last night:



Me: "What does this scrabble letter "T" mean?"














CJ: "Shoot... I don't even know!"



Me: "Where is the map key or Legend?"



CJ: "What's that?"



Me: "It tells you what these dumb blocks mean."



CJ: " I've never heard of that."



Me: "Riiiiiiiiiiiiilyn!!!!"



Rilyn: "Ma'am."



Me: " What does this box with a"T" in it mean?"



Rilyn: "That's is 10,000, duh! Did you even go to third grade, Mom?"







Last night I dreamed  that my husband was addicted to gambling and he owed some shark guy a million dollars.



I woke up at 2 am this morning, sweating. 



I was all like, okay.... if we have two weeks to pay the shark guy back, how much do we need to pay him everyday? 
Now, how many blocks is that?
What does a block mean? 
Or a block with a "T" in it?  
I don't even know how much money we have! 
WHY CANT I COUNT THE BLOCKS?! 
WHY ARE THE NUMBERS TURNING IN TO BLOCKS? 
HOW MANY BLOCKS IS RYKER WORTH? 
AGGGGGHHH!



These are questions that keep me up at night.