Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Trumpet

Christmas is just around the corner, people.


Which means it's almost time for ... CHRISTMAS MUSIC!



This is a special time of the year for a lot of reasons, my favorite being that it provides people me with a legitimate reason to dig out  musical instruments that haven't been played since high school and play them.



Listen, not everyone who played in the 6th grade band, however, can pick up their instrument and pick back up right where they left off.



It takes hard core talent.



Based on my observations, I fall in to this category.



My husband doesn't agree.



"Do you have to play that?" he whined as I pulled out my old trumpet.



"Look at them, " I say, gesturing towards the kids sitting patiently waiting for me to preform my signature rusty version of Jingle Bells. "I need to give my fans what they want."





"Can you go play it outside?" he begged, "please?'





I then explained to him that I couldn't because it makes our dog howl.





"I think it hurts her ears. " I said.





He didn't hesitate, "Yeah, I am pretty sure it does."




So I played it inside.




You know, that's what attracted me to ole Joshy-poo.



I love how he is so supportive.