Monday, August 15, 2016

The unofficial-official uniform for Polk County, TX.

My whole life I have felt deprived because I have never had a legitimate reason to wear a uniform.



So, you can imagine my excitement when I learned that there is an unofficial-official uniform for Polk County, Texas.


The pajama pants. 




I should of seen this long ago, I mean, every where you go you will find people in them, (including, but not limited to) at the grocery store, the doctor's office, the pick-up line at school, the post office, the bank, and of course the tax office.



The best place to see large numbers of this uniform is at Walmart at noon.



If you ask the people wearing pajama pants if they just woke up or if they are on their way to bed, they will look at you like you are crazy.



I have learned this from experience.



Actually this is because, I believe, people wearing pajama pants around town do not actually have plans to do anything that day, at all. 



In fact, in my opinion, they only wear their pajama pants to show support of their favorite cartoon character.



Or to pretend they just got home from a super-fun slumber party.



The people who wear pajama pants 24/7 will usually deny this, but when pressed they will almost always agree that wearing them is socially acceptable only if you live-in or, if you are from Polk County.




Additionally,  it's also a great way for unemployed people over the age of thirty-five to save on laundry detergent.


I normally do not wear my pajamas in public. However, recently I have been struck with a strong desire to buy a pair of snoopy pajamas pants and wear them to my daughter's softball games, church, meet-the-teacher, and Lowes.



And Walmart, of course.

 

The possibilities are endless.