Tuesday, June 13, 2017

A letter to Ryker on his 2nd birthday...

Ryker,

Up until 2 years ago today, I was just a basic mom tryin'a make it in this world, and then you came along and..... 



BAM! 


You turned me from mediocre-mom to a MINIVAN-MOM! I had no idea what my full potential could be. I had no idea I could be this cool. 


 There I was barely living with just a 3rd row seat and look where I'm at now... I can sit Indian-style on the floor, my seat feels like a La-Z-boy recliner, and I have CUP HOLDERS FOR DAYS. #thatminivanlife



And its all cuz of you. Thanks, bud.



But who am I kidding, this post has nothing to do with a minivan, but everything to do with you. 



I cannot believe it has been two whole years since I could hold your little body with both of my hands with your little feet close to my face and kiss your little toes. I was in love from the moment I had our first sonogram. 



You are growing up to be so strong-willed, funny, and kind. You are truly a mama's boy, though, and I love it.  Although it makes me sad that there are no more bottles, soon- to- be no more diapers, and before we know it no more toddling around or lullabies, even still you will always be my baby. I adore you and I hope you know  that I would spend every second of every day curled up snuggling you if life would allow it. I know that soon enough you'll be too "cool"  for the kisses and hugs that I smother you with every day but, that is why I do it so much now. I know that I cant keep you little no matter how hard I try. You just keep growing up, a little more each day. Truthfully I don't want you to grow up, but at the same time I know that  if you stayed a baby I would never get to see the person you are meant to be. I would have never heard the  precious words, "I yove you," or "mama's feet (sweet) baby" or, "I farted... cuse me!" so in a way I am excited for you to grow up. I am excited to see all the great things that you will do.
 



I love you my sweet boy. 



I love that you love your brother and sisters with all your heart. I know that most kids have a pretty great relationship with their siblings but you and yours have your own special connection. Your eyes light up when they enter the room and dim just a little when they're gone. They argue over who gets to sit by you and play with you first. I love to her you yell for "bubba," or "sissy" and if they're not listening its "CJ", "Gaigen",  and "RiRi." I love that we can now have conversations with you. I love hearing all the new things you learn and all your silly responses, like when I cooked meatloaf last night you took a bite, spit it out and said, "ewww mama, nassy poopoo!" I love when we are driving and you spot an 18 wheeler and you say, "cuck, big cuck!" I love when you wake up the first thing you ask for are "flick flops" and cry until you put them on. It's so cute. I love how you randomly say funny stuff like the other day when I walked in the room and you said, "cool shoes, mom." I love that you love to sing and dance. I love that you love animals, especially horses and when we ask you what a horsey says you "heehaw!" I love to play hide- n- seek with you and how you will run and hide and not move or make a peep until we find you. You are the most serious hide and seek player, ever. I love how you like us to look everywhere before we find you, especially outside. And if we dont  you will yell from your hiding spot ( which is usually beside the couch) and say, "I outside!" I love how you love "feet (sweet) tea" and you often order it for yourself at restaurants. I love how you have the BEST manners that I've ever seen in a toddler and you constantly say, "ma'am" and "please" and "thank you" and your brother and sisters love to fake sneesze just so you will yell, "bess you!" 



We just all love you a whole bunch, Ryker.




And we are so thankful God gave us you. 



Happy 2nd birthday sweet boy.





Love, Mommy











My prayer for you is that you would be strong.....that you be brave.... that you be different.... that you be kind..... and most of all, that you be a follower of Christ.