Friday, June 16, 2017

Our family is growing!!!

If you would have told me last year that in June of 2017 we would be welcoming a new addition to our family I would have said, "liar, liar, pants, on fire!"



But... She's here and we're thrilled!!!



Please join us in welcoming the newest member of the family to the Long's micro-mini Farm! Y'all (drum roll please!)




Meet Barbie Q Long!





Barbie Q is our newest permanently/temporary resident here and we are so excited!



Barbie is the second pig that we have raised (RIP Peppa!) And I'd be lying if I say we can't wait for that bacon! Y'all pigs are so smart! Right now we are currently in the middle of building Barbie's dream house but right now she's free-ranging it up in our backyard!




 Let me tell you the hardest thing about being a pig mama is choosing the perfect name! When I found out we were getting a pig I wanted her to have super cool trendy name of course! So my immediately choices were :Katy Porky, Taylor Swine, or Britney Spare-ribs!



But when I took a first look at her I immediately knew that my coworkers suggestion of Barbie - Q long was the clear choice!



I can't wait to share all of my pig adventures with you! Stay tuned!